The 10 elements
The Quality Mark 10 elements in the context of early years
1. A whole-setting strategy and planning to improve young children’s abilities and achievements in their foundation skills.
2. Analysis of the assessment of young children’s abilities and achievements.
3. Setting appropriately high expectations for young children’s development.
4. Planning ‘next steps’ in learning for young children’s development.
5. Regular review of the progress made by all young children.
6. A commitment to improving the skills of all practitioners.
7. A balanced use of child-initiated and adult-led, play-based activities.
8. The use of appropriate environments and resources.
9. Partnership working between families, carers, practitioners and professionals in supporting young children’s learning and development.
10. An effective procedure for monitoring planning and assessing improvement in practice and provision.